The Internet has become a major influence in purchasing decisions. If you donít have a website for your business then you are missing out!
Today people are researching a business online before actually walking into the store. A strong online presence is absolutely necessary for your business to survive in todayís economy! At the very least, you must have a presence on the web so that customers, potential employees, business partners and perhaps even investors can quickly and easily find out more about your business and the products or services you have to offer.
That said, it's not enough that you just have a website.
You must have a professional-looking site if you want to be taken seriously.
Since many consumers now search for information online prior to making a purchase at a brick-and-mortar store, your site may be the first chance you have at making a good impression on a potential buyer. With a well-designed site, your little operation can project the image and professionalism of a much larger company. The inverse is also true. I've seen many big company websites that were so badly designed and hard to navigate that they completely lacked professionalism and credibility.
With a website you can offer your customers and potential customers the opportunity to sign up for your mailing list and contact them about special events, new products, exclusive discounts and much more. Itís a great way to keep in touch with your customers and build customer loyalty.
Once you have your website up and running it will be your best advertising tool. You can place special offers for online customers only or you can drive traffic to your store with a printable coupon on your site.
Here a few key points to remember about your website.
- Sure you can do it yourself; there are many places on the Internet where you can build a free website; however, you get what you pay for!
- Do yourself a favor and hire a professional website designer. After all, you donít want to spend all of your time working on the website; you need to be taking care of your business. Let a professional worry about your site.
- Keep your site updated with fresh content
- Make sure your site is easy to navigate. Fancy, flashy websites impress you when you first visit, but they can sometimes be difficult to navigate and find the information you are looking for.
Don't know where to start? I can help!
All Rights Reserved
Here is how it works:
1. You decide you want a web site so you contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-583-4778.
2. We email and/or talk on the phone to define what you want, I get a rough idea of the color scheme and
structure of the site, etc. You e-mail me any text you have, scanned flyers, photos, etc. along with your
3. I need to get a little money up front to get started. You can PayPal it to me or send a check. If you want, you can pay
for the whole site, or just a down payment of at least 1/3 the expected cost.
4. The first thing I'll do is reserve the server space and purchase the domain name for you.
5. Now for the design portionÖ I'll work up a design using the information you provided. Each site is custom designed just
for you. I use my own software to create the code. I do not use online website 'quick' tools.
6. I'll upload the site under a temporary address for you to review.
7. Once you approve the design and content of the site, I'll upload it to your permanent address on the server,
and the site will "go live" and others can see it. At this time I will also configure any e-mail addresses or forwards that
need to be done.
8. I will send you and invoice for the remainder of your bill.
9. If you have corrections or changes, just let me know. Unless there are a lot of changes this is covered under your
$100/year server, registration and maintenance fee.